District CalendarDistrict InformationBoard of EducationCentral Office
Derby Public Schools
Human ResourcesSchool RegistrationContact UsResources & Forms
page tools :
Return Home
Our Schools

 

 



Our Schools

The mission of the Derby Public Schools is to provide all students with a high quality, challenging education in a safe, supportive environment, in which to become lifetime learners.

Derby has two elementary schools, Bradley School and Irving School.  Irving houses Pre-K - 5 and Bradley houses K - 5.  Our elementary schools service approximately 750 students.  Along with a challenging academic environment, upper elementary students may take advantage of band, chorus and art enrichment classes.

Irving School

Bradley School

Derby Middle School was formally housed within the high school building.  A brand new state of the art building opened on January 4, 2010 and serves approximately 360 students in grades 6-8.  Students selected for the honors program can take advantage of world languages and honors level math and science.

Derby High School has rich and varied academic and co-curricular offerings.  At Derby High School, students have the opportunity to participate in applied honors, and Advanced Placement programs. In the last five years, approximately 80% of Derby's graduates have pursued post high school education.  The other 20% have entered the military or the work force.  Derby High School has placed a major emphasis on the school-to-career model which is reflected in our applied subjects, Career Internship Program and Community Service Program.

Derby High School


© 2007 Derby Public Schools      |  35 Fifth Street  |  Derby, CT 06418  |  ph 203-736-5027  |  fax 203-736-5031

Privacy

email page print page small type large type
powered by finalsite