Student Registration

Students starting school during the current school year, September 2019 - June 2020, may register at any time.

Registration for the 2020-2021 school year is not yet open.
We will begin accepting registrations for the 2020-2021 school year in March 2020.
The exact date will be posted in mid-February 2020. 

Please note: Registration for Little Raiders University is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Spots are limited. You need to complete the online registration (when the registration window opens) and have ALL NECESSARY documentation in order to make an appointment to complete the process and be placed on the list. Once you have had your appointment at Central Office you will be told where you are on the list. Placement is not guaranteed as the number of available openings is subject to change. 

A parent or legal guardian is required to register students.

Registration is done by appointment only, Monday through Friday from 9:00AM to 3:00PM at Central Office, 35 Fifth Street.

Upon completion of the online registration form and collection of the required paperwork/documentation, please contact Deborah Schmidt at 203-446-3920 or email to schedule an appointment to complete the process. You must complete the online registration and have all required paperwork prior to your scheduled appointment. There is a 24 to 48 hour processing period from the time all required information/documentation is received.

Upon completion of the registration process, your child’s school will contact you directly for course selection and/or start date.

Student Registration documents can be downloaded below from our site or picked up at Central Office. Please read the Student Registration Process to be sure that you have all the required information.

You will need to bring the following documents with you to register your child:

     -The child's original full size birth certificate (not wallet size, not a photocopy) for all students born in the United States. Students born outside of the United States need to present a passport/visa or green card.

     -The State Health Assessment form (available for download below under “Things You Will Need For Registration”) 

     -A copy of your child's current immunization record

     -Proof of Residency:

           * Current Rental Agreement or Mortgage statement

           * If you rent or lease your home/apartment you must provide a  notarized Landlord/Property Owner Certification of Residency (available for download below under “
Things You Will Need For Registration”) Please Note: Our process is to call the landlord to verify the certification. We cannot proceed with registration until this is complete and all documentation is received and verified.

          * 2 Utility Bills (Phone, Electric, Gas, Water, Cable, Auto Insurance, Auto Registration, Tax Bill)

          * Parent/Guardian CT License with Derby address on front

     - Legal Custody Documentation if applicable

     - Special Education Records (IEP) or 504 Plan if applicable

During summer break, additional time will be given for submission of the medical records. However, a completed Connecticut Health Assessment Record (completed within the last 12 months) including vaccination records, MUST be submitted at least a week prior to the first day of school so the student may start on time. All students must have the appropriate vaccinations to enter school. Those with a valid religious or medical exemption will be required to submit the appropriate documentation.

If you have any questions regarding the registration process, please contact Deborah Schmidt at 203-446-3920 or for assistance.

To find the elementary school your student will attend you can click the following link: Elementary Schools registration street location Elementary school attendance is determined by street address.


Online Student Registration

Click Here To Begin Your New Student Registration (English)

Haga clic aquí para comenzar su registro de estudiante nuevo (Espanol)

Things You Will Need For Registration:

Student Registration Instructions

Registration Check List

Early Childhood Alliance Council

Consent for Mutual Exchange of Information (RG01-2)

Photo Consent (RG01-4)

Landlord/Property owner certification of Residency (RG02-2)

Change of Address/Telephone (RG02-3)

District Student Health Requirements

State Immunization Requirements

CT Health Assessment Record (typically printed on blue paper)

Early Childhood Health Assessment Record for PreK (typically printed on yellow paper)

Free/Reduced Price Meals or Free Milk Application

HUSKY / Access Health CT

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.